How To Manage Life When It Gets A Bit Cray Cray
Welcome back Lovelies! Today I am writing about something I know 100% of people go through in life whether it be over something simple or over something super hard to overcome. I promise, I am not perfect… no where close. My life is all over the place, and I am only 20 years old.. YIKES. BUT in order for me to take a step back, breathe, and not wish I need 10 more hours in a day… time management is simply what keeps me alive. Feeling more productive, and less stressed is one of the best feelings in the world, so why not want to be like that? Below is a couple of tips you need to follow when you think life is just too crazy right now, and I promise everything will work its self out!
- Prioritize – Sit down every morning and realize what are the important things that need to get done, maybe there are some things during the day you actually DONT need to do, but your OCD mind is trying to yell at you to do that one activity that doesn’t need to be accomplished at this moment…. DONT LISTEN! I’m currently in school with 2 practices a day, and girl lemme tell ya, I have zero time to even comprehend what relaxing is. I swear there is always something that comes up, and I know y’all can all relate to that. Remember if you work, you have to prioritize for that as well and get the tasks done that are the most important first and then you can sit back, relax and play your favorite addicting iPhone game. (Mine is ball blast right now LOL)
- Begin the day early – I know you all want to sleep in because you love your beauty sleep (trust me I do as well) but your just wasting the day away when you could be up accomplishing a task before noon! Take advantage of this time to get ahead on your most stressful activity of the day and get it over and done with! Nothing feels better than getting something done that has been on your mind for so long!
- Do Not Procrastinate – The longer you wait to accomplish something the more stress it is going to cause you… so just DO IT! We all want to watch one more episode, or we all want one more hour in bed.. well suck it up mama because procrastination is big fat NO now. The sooner you start and focus on something, the sooner you will finish and the happier you will be!
- Say No! – Guys I promise your bestie wont get mad at you if you say NO to a date with her when you have a million other things to do that day, just let her know and yall can schedule another day.. it’s no biggie. Learning to say no is super important when it comes to time management and life, not everything can be done in a 24 hour day.. your sleeping through at least 7-10 hours of it (if were gonna be honest here) Don’t get your self in the state of being overwhelmed because you accepted that one coffee date, its so not worth it. Focus on what NEEDS to be, and not what you want to get done, theres a huge difference.
- Eliminate all distractions – Now in the world technology is our number one priority (YUCK), but thats just how our lives are now. It may take all the power in the world to shut off your phone and focus on what needs to get done, but in the end you will be happier and your phone will still be right there waiting for you. I am not gonna lie, this is my struggle, but writing about this is only teaching my self as well. Don’t focus on the little interruptions here and there, keep your vision clear and your goals in mind and don’t think about everything else in the world that is trying to get inside your head.
Now next time, you’re biting your nails, or pulling out your hair because you’re so stressed out about the day you have ahead of you, start to focus more on how to make your day great by using all these tips! You will be ready to handle and tackle whatever life throws at you. You are strong, I know you CAN do it!
I would love to hear how you guys manage your days below in the comments! If you have any more tips for me or our friends reading this, please drop them below to help us all out!
– xoxo shan
Simply want to say your article is as astounding. The clearness in your post is simply nice and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.